Schedule and fees, click here!
Dear Shalom Institute Community,
We are increasingly aware of the ever changing situation and ways in which COVID-19 (coronavirus) is impacting all of our lives. As we shared in our communication yesterday, we intend to run camp as planned, but only if it is safe to do so.
We want to reassure you we will extend full refunds to all camp families if we are unable to operate. Similarly, if we have to adjust the camp schedule and your camper(s) cannot attend, we will offer a full refund.
Additionally, we have decided to waive our camp cancellation policy for this summer. This means that even if camp operates as planned, but you need to cancel your registration, you can still receive a full refund. Alternatively, you will have the option to apply your payment as a credit towards Summer 2021 or convert some or all of your payment into a tax-deductible donation in support of camp.
We know that many families may be experiencing financial hardship or uncertainty as a result of these events. Generous scholarships are available and we are happy to work with families to arrange payment plans. We have always been committed to making camp available to all families regardless of their financial means. Please contact Sarah at email@example.com if you wish to apply for scholarship or discuss your financial situation.
We hope our registered families will be patient as we wait to determine if Camp JCA Shalom is able to run as planned, or with a revised schedule. As of today, there are no changes to our Summer 2020 plans.
Right now, we are all in need of that camp magic – more than ever before. Imagine how healing it will be to spend time with friends enjoying the outdoors, learning new things, the thrill of the zipline, the song sessions with Robbo, and Shabbat sunsets.
Enjoy your kids, take care of your loved ones, and be safe.
All the best,
Like many of you, we are closely following the escalating concern around COVID-19 and the impact on our community. Due to the cautions advocated by public health officials, restrictions around large group gatherings, and local school closures, we have made the tough decision to postpone or cancel the following upcoming programs:
We are sad to do this, but we are mindful of public concerns and are making this decision out of an abundance of caution and in the interest of the health and safety of our community. We will re-evaluate programs scheduled for May and beyond in a couple of weeks and as new information comes forth.
We have tentative plans to hold a virtual Shabbat song session with our songleader Robbo on Friday, March 27. We will share info on how you can participate later this month.
We will share updated program dates at www.shalominstitute.com and on our Facebook page.
In the meantime, we are busy preparing for another wonderful summer for Camp JCA Shalom overnight camp, Camp JCA Shalom Day Camp and Camp GesheЯ. We are working closely with our colleagues in the camping world and strategizing now with our medical committee about best practices for health and safety at camp this summer and expect to operate as planned.
Click here for a few fun activities from our friends at PJ Library that can give you a taste of Jewish camp in the comfort of your own home.
We wish you good health and calm as we navigate through these unprecedented times.