Scholarships, Grants & Discounts
We are happy to offer a wide variety of financial assistance programs to our camp families. These include discounts, grants and scholarships. We are committed to ensuring that every child has the opportunity to experience the magic of Jewish summer camp.
First Time Camper
Please visit One Happy Camper to find out how you can save up to $1000 for your first summer at Camp JCA Shalom! Campers attending a 2-week session can save $700, campers attending a 3-week session can save $1000.
New campers pay only $700 for a Mini Camp session with promo code MINI700! (limit one usage per camper, no other discounts apply)
Israeli-American Incentive Grant
FJC is piloting a new incentive program for families in California, Oregon, and Washington state with at least one Israeli-born parent!
First-time overnight campers may receive an incentive grant of up to $1,500 for up to 19+ days of camp and up to $1,000 for 12-18 nights of camp. This incentive is in lieu of traditional One Happy Camper® grants, and families may still be eligible for additional financial assistance from their camps.
For eligibility requirements and to apply, click here
Operation Summer Camp: Supporting Jewish Military Families
Campers of active duty U.S. Military are eligible for grants covering 2-4 weeks of camp. Eligibility requirements:
- At least one parent must serve on active duty in the U.S. armed forces or have been
honorably discharged within the last three years.
- Children of Full-Time National Guard (at time of application), of Purple Heart
Awardees, or of Gold Star Parents may also be eligible.
- Applicants must sign a statement affirming that the child is being raised Jewish.
- This award can be renewed for as many years as the child is eligible to attend camp, for up to three summers.
- There is no limit to the number of children in a family who can participate; geography also not a factor.
- The award can cover between two and four weeks of camp.
Contact email@example.com for more information
Early Bird Discount
Guarantee your spot and save!
- Pay $500 Deposit by December 15, 2023 and pay balance by April 1, 2024 and received $100 off your tuition ($50 off for Mini Camp sessions)
Pay In Full Discount
Save money by paying in full!
- Pay in full at the time of enrollment or by December 15, 2023, and save an extra $50
Pay By Check Discount
Save $25 per week by paying by check
- $25 off one week session
- $50 off two week session
- $75 off three weeks session
- $100 off Kibbutz
- $125 off for CIT
Any family that sends two or more campers is eligible for a $40 discount per week, per camper.
JCC Member Discount
$25 discount per week per camper (membership number required)
Jewish Professionals Discounts
- Full-time JCC staff receive 50% off summer camp fees
- Jewish Federation full-time staff receive 15% off camp fees
- Jewish Communal Professionals receive 10% off summer camp fees
- Proof of employment required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this discount.
Parlor meetings are the best way to support camp and receive a discount! Host a small gathering in your home for prospective families to learn all about our camp with Camp Director, Allison David. You invite the guests, we’ll take care of all the details! The short program includes a video and overview about Camp JCA Shalom, with lots of time for Q&A.You’ll receive a referral discount for each new family that registers from your parlor meeting. We are excited for the opportunity to meet your community.
- Receive $150 off for each new camper that joins your parlor meeting and then attends a summer camp session.
Need Based Scholarships
We believe that all kids should have the opportunity to experience the magic of camp and finances should not be a barrier. We are happy to provide need-based financial assistance to any family that needs it.
At the end of the online application, you will find a request for schoalrship application. Once your completed camper application and deposit are received, we will send you the necessary financial assistance forms. All financial assistance applications are treated confidentially and reviewed thoroughly by our scholarship committee. Financial assistance is determined by the “full picture.”
Camp JCA Shalom partners with congregations in giving fee assistance and recommends talking with the Jewish Federation in your area. For more information, please contact the camp office.